9.04.2010

It is needed.


I've spent four months with a void in my life. A distinct fulfillment that has been empty and slowly driving me insane. Ever since the 7th grade I have been in some sort of music project, expressing a wide array of feelings and views in purest form available. As I sit here on this saturday night watching a Schwarzenegger movie, I can't help but recall back to when I was spending my weekends on stage embracing pure energy. some of these shows were to hundreds of people, some of them were to 4, but it felt pertinent and it felt right.
The Antioch Synopsis put out two EP's: "Prophecy of the Arbogast" and "Fearless Leader; Guide us to Oblivion." These two efforts incorporate the hardest, proudest work of my life and are the climax of my musical ability. For 4 years this band was my life. Every free second I had went to bettering the name, promoting tirelessly and writing the most brutal concepts I could conjure. practice twice a week and as many shows we could possibly play. This project allowed me to play with some of my favorite bands of all time and will forever be cherished memories. Although I have lost contact with more than a few of the former members of this group (3 drummers, 7 guitar players, 1 bassist and 1 vocalist) the bonds we formed were something unparalleled and never matched.
Although success wasn't within our grasps by any means, we all exerted pure passion and belief into what we did. Nothing was more enjoyable. Nothing.
Unfortunately the brakes have been pulled and we haven't played together in over 4 months. Our drummers life has fallen on hard times, our van is on the fritz and we have no place to practice. Our Drummer, Monty, Set the bar high on our last record, too high it seems. we have all but exhausted our search for drummers in the sacramento area, no one can come close to playing Monty's tracks. but alas, hope is rearing its bitter/sweet head. Writing music with software and the internet is a tricky process but it can be done. Our lead guitarist has written a collection of songs, while I myself have written enough lyrics to fill a novel. we are planning to hire former Periphery and current Sky Eats Airplane drummer Travis Orbin to session the new tracks and send them from his home studio in Texas.
One of the only truths I am positive of is that this music is a necessity in my life. I have attempted to replace other vocalists in other bands, but I've found that without the creation aspect, it means nothing to me.
Hopefully we will have new music by the end of the year, and hopefully a drummer will miraculously come out of the woodwork.
myspace.com/theantiochsynopsis

xHailSatanx

1 comment:

Connor Curley said...

TAS is my favorite undiscovered band. Don't don't let all the bodies under your wheels slow you down.