9.03.2010

Travel

gotta say this is more of a test than anything else. that being said it is more than a just a test. my travels over the last 2 months have been different from previous adventures. i think the biggest difference has been the amount of dependence i have had on other ppl throughout this trip. normally i am on my own or with a friend, where both of us are seeing new sites. this trip has been quite the contrary. it has been me visiting and experiencing things with ppl who are already familiar with the area. this of course has had some great benefits such as getting the local perspective and insight. furthermore the generosity that has been shown to me by these ppl has been  amazing. i have been made to feel like the guest of honor numerous times where pigs have been roasted over open fire, exotic sushi has been laid before me, and traditional dishes and local delicacies have been brought out on my behalf. i cant not express how great the feeling is to be welcomed by old friends and perfect strangers as if i am apart of their family. of course, in the end i always look forward to coming back to my friends and family that i have left behind. there is a certain comfort for me that resides in familiarity and routine that i cannot seem to duplicate when i travel. however this is fine since i know that before long my journey will always come to an end and i will return refreshed and inspired.
-tyler

No comments: